7 Reasons Why It’s Important to Travel
Summer is approaching which means prime travel time!
I know you’re dreaming about lying on an exotic white sand beach or camping beside a crystal mountain lake. Or maybe you’re wandering through the cobblestone streets of a historic foreign city that transports you back in time.
But are you like many people who’ve squashed the idea of travel because of negative media stories, government warnings, and others’ fearful perceptions? Or do you resist venturing outside your own country because you don’t understand another languages or culture?
When I was traveling to Thailand a few years ago, people told me these same things because political demonstrations had started in Bangkok, the city I was flying into and staying for 2 days. Determined to go despite the warnings, I stayed away from certain areas, explored the city with other friendly travelers, and was completely fine.
If I’d let fear stop me, I wouldn’t have backpacked solo for the very first time, fed and bathed rescue elephants at the Elephant Nature Park, experienced the Chiang Mai Lantern Festival, and visited breathtaking ancient temples.
Furthermore, I wouldn’t have met new travel buddies, witnessed the bright smiles and friendliness of the Thai people, and broaden my awareness and appreciation of another culture and lifestyle.
This is why travel is so important!
It expands our awareness and understanding of different places, lifestyles, cultures, and people which in turn deepens our compassion for our global neighbors. This awareness, understanding, and compassion is vital to the wellness, happiness, and balance of our planet.
This isn’t the only reason why you should release your fears and travel right now! Here are 6 others that will inspire you to pack your bags.
1) Travel challenges us to step outside our comfort zones, encourages self-growth, and shows us that we are capable of more than we belief we can.
2) It bridges geographical distance and makes the world seem smaller.
3) It creates well-rounded and interesting individuals.
4) It give us the opportunity to share our experiences and perceptions with others who haven’t been to that part of the world.
5) Many beautiful landscapes and wonders of the world are drastically changing and the opportunity to see them as they are now is fading.
6) You realize that despite our vast differences, we all ultimately desire the same things. We all want to have a life full of love, happiness, health, peace, and prosperity for ourselves and our family.
I hope this inspires you to make the decision to step outside your comfort zone, explore a new area of the world, and learn these truths for yourself.